Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Joan DoeLend Me A Hand?
Connor stuck his tongue out at him, but argued with neither. It was pretty comfy, sharing the couch with Joan and Chuck. Fancy Lad joined them unannounced, laying across the back of the couch with his arm draped down by Connor's shoulder.

Listening to Zack chop was nice, it made him sleepy.
"Dunno, think the stitches can be taken out in two weeks. 'Bout six weeks for my arm." They sounded incredibly put out by this, as if the fact that their body needed time to heal was a travesty. 

Joan then groaned and buried their face into Connor's shoulder, muffling their voice when they whined. 

"I'm gonna be so boooored."
Zack laughed to himself over Joan's whining.

"You two," he said and put the vegetables and meat into the baking tray. The kitchen smelt like heat and it always fascinated him to think that heat did have a smell.

"Surely you don't have to use your arm for everything you do?"
"How about this? I'll do the arm stuff if you agree to break my fall next time I trip like a fucking moron. Deal?" Connor spoke with one eye cracked open, grinning down at Joan's head.

"You don't get it, Z that's one important arm. VIP arm." The grin transferred upward, open-eyed and watching his man.

Reaching up, he patted Joan's shoulder consolingly. Chuck complained when the humans shifted, disturbing her careful equilibrium between them. The kittens rolled across the floor like little tumbleweeds, wrestling one another under the watchful eye of their mother. Connor just called her Mama Cat, now.
"Deal." Joan said as they twisted their head to grin up at Connor, then stuck out their tongue at Zack. "Tha's righ', 's a very important arm."

They shifted their arm so the cast was resting against their chest more comfortably. The skin beneath it itched something terribly, and the thought of having to wear that stupid cast for so long was almost unbearable.

"Sides, 's too dangerous ta go out scavengin' like this, and there ain't exactly much else I'm good at."
Zack chuckled at the antics of kitten and people. He grabbed their container of salt. A glass jar with a silver lid. The salt came from the water around them. One of their neighbours collected it. Steam often spidered it's way out of her windows and left drops of water on the glass. The salt tingled with radiation, but there was nothing unique about that.

"You're selling yourself short Joan." He added as he crumbled up the salt between his fingertips. It fell like rain over the hard vegetables and meat. He added another pinchful. "I'm sure there's plenty that you're good at. You're pretty sharp." He wiped his fingers on his trousers and then slid the baking tray into the oven for cooking.

Finally, he could sit. Zack perched on the arm of the sofa and did his customary greeting kiss. A kiss for Connor. For Chuck. And even one for Joan, the last one did with a teasing grin.
Connor slid his hand up the back of Zack's shirt, tracing idle patterns between his shoulders. No need to dislodge Joan, but he was incapable of letting Zack go unacknowledged.

"If you want, I could use help around here. I know I was joking about it, but Liam has me on light duty. I can pay you and stuff, too." He smiled down at Joan, broad and clearly hopeful.
Zack wanted to protest. He could look after Connor and the house without help. His mouth twisted in response to that sudden and unnecessary pride. Joan probably wanted to feel useful too. Instead he reached down to give Chuck a little head massage. He pointed his whiskers forward in response, skin twitching in a way that Zack found interesting.

"It'll be good to have some help," he added to Joan with a grin. "This lot are demanding."