Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Zack MalloyHome needed
The tea smelled of a number of plants, the contents of the dried mix was unknown to Zack. He put the container away and brought the hot mug over to Connor.

"You should introduce her to him." Zack said. It was only half a joke. Zack gave Connor his drink and then sat down next to him. The kittens were both now curled up into small balls.
"She did, a good kid despite all the cursing." He hoped she hadn't gotten any flack from any of the other harborpeople, not everyone had the friendliest attitude to everyone not from Far Harbor. 

"If she comes back to have her stitches removed like I asked her to, then perhaps you can see if you can meet her then Connor."

He really hope she did, he wanted to make sure the wound hadn't become infected. Though if it did, he hoped she came to him before it got bad, and not just waited until when he'd asked her to come back.
His gratitude was a kiss brushed against Zack's red beard, and Connor held the mug carefully between his hands, letting the steam rise into his face.

"Thanks. I'd like to, if she comes around again." Chuck protested the new placement of his arms, sticking her head up from inside his shirt and grunting. She was half asleep and gobliny with her big ears and droopy eyes.

Connor just murmured an apology and leaned on Zack, unembarrassed about a little affection in his own home. The headache was in full swing, by then.
"You're sweet," Zack told Liam and rubbed Chuck's head as Connor leaned into him.

"Have you had anymore ideas about these headaches?" He asked. He recognized the look Connor wore now. He was in pain. Zack transferred his affections to Connor and stroked his hair back from his forehead.
Liam shot Connor a worried look, eyebrows furrowed in sympathy. "I'd say they're migraines, but it's unusual to start getting migraines at Connor's age. It makes me worried there might be a more severe underlying cause."

A sigh of regret.

"Not a lot is known about what causes migraines either. Have you been keeping a headache diary like I asked you to, and noting down what seem to trigger the headaches?" Liam asked Connor, hoping that it could eventually help cast light on the subject, though it was probably too much to hope for that there would be something standing out clearly as the underlying cause.
Alone with his husband and his doctor, Connor didn't try too hard to hide the headache. He closed his eyes and let Zack baby him a little, quiet until he'd swallowed his sip of tea.

"Yeah, I have been. I haven't really noticed any patterns, but I haven't read back through it from the beginning. I dunno." His voice was curiously flat, recalling something so frustrating.

Connor realized he should get up and let them enjoy their visit. Go lay down elsewhere. After the tea, a cat would only knock it over otherwise.

Absentmindedly, he scratched Chuck's chin, his efforts rewarded with her purring against his chest. A nice little bundle of warmth and affection. "I think you'll really enjoy having cats. They're a handful sometimes, but a lot friendlier than people realize."
Zack stroked Connor's knee. It helped him sometimes, to have a pleasant sensation to focus on. It didn't stop the pain, of course, but it helped to distract and sometimes distraction was all you could do. The fact that there was nothing to pinpoint what brought about the headaches made Zack frown and then sigh.

"Thank you Liam. We shouldn't keep you any longer. I'm sure you have many patients to attend to. Have you found an apprentice?" It frightened Zack a little that so much knowledge could be lost with Liam's death.
"Keep it up, I want you to come in for another check in two weeks alright? Bring your headache diary then." Liam gave Connor a sad smile, it frustrated him so much that he couldn't figure this out. His worst fear was a brain tumor, and he didn't have the necessary equipment to see if Connor had one.

When Zack spoke his eyes shifted over to the other man, and he then shook his head in negative. "I haven't, though I hope that there's someone who might be willing. There needs to be someone else who knows what to do in case I die early, and I could really use the help." He gave a small sigh, but then mustered up another smile. "Thank you for letting me see the kittens, I'd love to take them in when they're old enough."

He stood up from the chair, giving Connor and Zack a nod.

"I won't take up more of your time."
Connor set the tea aside to reach up for the kittens. "It's fine. You're welcome to come over whenever, even if it's not for my stupid headaches." He smiled lopsidedly, lines around his eyes giving away the discomfort. "Thanks for taking them as a pair. We didn't wanna split them up."

Eventually, he'd have to get up. That eventually wasn't here and now, and Connor could hold the kittens while he finished his tea.

"And I'll come by in two weeks with the journal."
"Thank you, Liam," Zack said and got up with Liam. When he was kitten free, Zack led him towards the door.

"You're sweet," he added at the door and embraced Liam. It was a quiet and heartfelt thanks to Liam for taking the kittens and for looking after Connor.

There might have been the tremor of fear too, and a silent request for support.