Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Zack MalloyHome needed
"It's still sputtering, but I'll probably just take a swatter to it if I have to look at it any more today." He tipped a rueful smile back over his shoulder. A coarse brush sat at the sink next to a little dish with his wedding band in it. Connor tried to spare the ring the worst of his maintenance jobs, slipping it back onto his finger once his hands were clean.

He looked particularly lanky in their cramped kitchen, reaching for things by memory, like he had four arms instead of two. A mug, the kettle, the headache tea that helped but reminded him of an awful night years past. Liam already had a glass by him, so no need to boil more water than he needed.

While the kettle did its thing, he sank into the couch next to Zack, stretching out his legs where they (hopefully) wouldn't be in the way.

"So, they seem to like you. Whatcha think?"
A small chuckle escaped him when one of the kittens began trying climb up his chest, its little claws finding purchase in the knitted sweater. One hand was still stroking the sleepy kitten. "Yes, on would have to be quite heartless to resist cute kittens." 

He looked up at Zack and Connor and smiled at the pair, it warmed his heart to see these two be so happy together. It also made him sad that he still hadn't managed to figure out what was wrong with Connor. Liam wondered if he'd had access to pre-war medical technology if he'd had been able to properly diagnose Connor. 

"I'd love to take them home with me when they're old enough, make my home feel a little less empty." He said, and gave another chuckle as the kitten climbing had reached his throat and was now nuzzling it.
Zack reached behind him to touch Connor's leg, acknowledging his presence even as his attention remained on their guest being used as a bed and a tree by the kittens.

"We didn't have any cats when we first moved here. I think our first cat adopted us a couple of weeks later?" Zack tipped his chin to the side as he silently sought Connor's corroboration. "The house felt a lot more lived in, after that. It's amazing how much life they bring to your home. I guess we'll consider them yours then." His mouth stretched into a smile.

"Though you'll probably die there. It's a sin to dislodge a sleeping kitten. You're trapped."
He confirmed Zack's story with a little nod, sinking into the couch. It was old, ugly and broken in. Perfect, really. "It's true, you're trapped now." The kettle whistled on the stove, Connor glowering at it as if it ought to pour itself into his waiting cup and walk over to where he sat.

Half-heartedly, he sat forward to rise.
"I'll get it my sweet," Zack stood up and pressed on Connor's leg as he did so. If the tea was coming out, it might indicate an oncoming or already there headache.

"We have the good doctor trapped here." He arched his brow pointedly and turned to get Connor his tea. Zack stepped over Connor's legs gracefully, by now he was used to navigating around Connor's long limbs.
The expression that followed Zack up from the couch didn't want for admiration nor gratitude. Connor toned it down to look at Liam, quirking a sideways sort of smile. "It's true. Good thing we're not terrible cooks. I'd give you the grand tour, but, kittens."

Uninvited but welcome, Chuck wriggled out from under the couch, announcing herself with a stretch. She was a hairless cat, their strangest-looking one by far, and also Connor's favorite. He smiled when she jumped up into his lap, come to steal his warmth.

"Hey, buddy," he greeted softly.
Liam smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "Well, I can think of worse fate's than being trapped beneath two kittens." He scratched the kitten dozing on his lap behind the air, purrs emanating from the small, warm body.

The other kitten seemed to have found and agreeable perch on his shoulder and was now clumsily washing itself.

"How are you both doing?"
He shrugged, looking up from where he was helping Chuck into his shirt. Connor wore layers against the chill, and big flannel shirts made perfect cat hammocks. Chuck, being his cat, was also habitually cold.

"Same old, same old, really. I've gotta take a trip out to one of the fog condensers tomorrow, which I'm not that jazzed about, but hey, they're pretty important, right? Logan came back from the woods a couple days ago, said it was looking dicey. You? Anyone get drunk and fall off the pier lately?"

Sweet smiles and dark humor were very Connor.
"You joke, but I actually had to treat old Jackson for hypothermia here the other day after he did just that." Liam said with a small chuckle, a wry twist to his lips. "Other than that, the most interesting thing to happen was a patient who came in with a badly mangled arm. From the facial tattoo I'd say she's one of the Children of Atom."

There was a slight down-turned twist of his lips as he spoke the name of the cult, Liam disapproved of the way they recklessly exposed themselves to radiation. He couldn't understand their fanatic devotion, but still they were people, and he'd never refuse to treat one of them.

"Be careful out there checking out on those fog condensers, I'd rather not have to stitch another person together this soon again." He said this with a joking tone, but there was real concern underneath.
"Don't worry, I'll be good." Connor could muster a little cheekiness for Liam, smiling with a flash of teeth.

"How'd you manage to find one of those Atom people? She really came to town?" He'd pestered Zack (more than once) about the people around the island. Radioactive fog sounded right up their alley, but, admittedly? Pretty creepy.

Something about the idea of radiation poisoning just put him off.