Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Connor MalloySneak Thief [past]
So much for resolving this quietly. He'd tensed at the sudden violence, relieved to find Zack up at at his side so quickly. Zack had a hand held out toward the kid, and this was a relief, too.

"Our campfire's over here, kid. Come sit down, OK?" The same guard was glowering at him, like Connor had invited the trouble into their camp in the first place. He was a big guy, a good shot but not very bright. Connor glowered back, and the guy finally relented with a huff.

"You better keep that fucking kid out of trouble," he snapped, slouching off toward the stockpile to investigate it.
"Friendly," Zack muttered and stretched, his joints popping and a strained groan escaping him as he so. Finally, he went back onto his feet and then sat down at their fire.

"C'mon, grab a seat." Zack said to everyone but what he really meant was, who the fuck are you and why are you here?
They sidled towards the two men, eager to put some distance between them and the guard. They felt off kilter, unsure, but they tucked it away, hiding it behind a casual and relaxed front. The firelight lit up their features that had been hidden by the dark, allowing the two men to get a good look at the skinny teenager for the first time. 

Finding a seat it was hard not to fidget. "Ah, thanks for the save."
He sat next to Zack, smiling at the kid from across the fire. It looked a bit strained, Connor left unnerved by the guards. He wasn't confident they'd just let this go.

"That was pretty close. You OK?"
Zack kissed Connor's cheek and then returned his attention to the stranger.

"And who are you? What are you doing here? I'm Zack. This is Connor. We're baby sitting."
"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for the save." They said, sending the two men a smile as they thought of what to tell them. Couldn't be their original name, they still didn't know if this wasn't some sort of ruse of sort, though for what they couldn't figure, but better to be safe. And, they didn't really want to use it anymore, their old name, they'd never really liked it much.

They said the first thing that popped into their mind. "I'm Joan, an' well.." They trailed off scratching the back of their neck, trying to find a way to say 'I was trying to steal your food' in a way that wouldn't end up with them losing the good will of their two saviours.

A loud growl sounded from their stomach, who had decided to remind them that they still hadn't eaten that day, and that it really wasn't pleased with that. "Ah, was hopin' ta get some food."
He gripped Zack's knee, tracing little circles on the inside of it: an automatic response to the affection. "We can share some food with you, but that was pretty risky. Are you out here all by yourself?" Connor didn't mean to patronize, but all he could see was a skinny kid on (his? her?) own in the wastes.

That it could be a trap crossed his mind, and he watched Joan's face intently, waiting for a sign they'd been duped.
Zack sniffed.

"You could've asked. Can you be James for now? Only the big tough guards are letting you live because they think you're mates with us." He had no thoughts of duplicity, taking Joan at face value. His cheeks were red however, embarrassed to have gotten Joan's gender wrong.
They bristled slightly at Connor's question, they'd been surviving just fine on their own. Really. Their empty stomach ached. Really. 

"So wha' if I am?" Joan said, crossing their arms somewhat petulantly. "An' 'ow would I know asking would work, most people won't give up food unless they get somethin' in return." Then they seemed to deflate, perhaps realizing that the defensiveness wouldn't get them far right now. 

"Thanks though, fer ya know." They gestured a bit uselessly with their hand as if to encompass both helping them and offering them food. They weren't all that good at heartfelt expressions of gratefulness. They weren't all that good with people at all.  

Then they shrugged. "An' sure, I'm not-, 's not really tha' important ta me, I can be James fer now."
Wry, he tilted his chin. Connor liked this kid, maybe just for the sake of her general... kidness. Of course a teenager would be offended by the suggestion that they were anything other than tough and rugged.

"No offense, but you could be a raider setting up a trap for us." He kissed Zack's temple as he rose, digging into his own pack and handing her the rest of his brahmin jerky produced from it. "I don't think you are, and hope you're not, but that's why I asked. Headed anywhere?"