Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Joan DoeLend Me A Hand?
Zack's distress was clear, he watched Joan with an expression clouded with worry. The corners of his mouth tightened further as the sky growled with radiation. Forked lightning could be seen through the window, lighting up half his face green.

"Do you need to rest?" Zack put the filter over the first mug and poured out the tea. He repeated it with the other mugs and picked up one to deliver it to Joan. He chewed on his lip as he offered the mug to her.

"There's tea for you too, Con."
Free of cats, he looped his arm around Zack's waist, leaning down to kiss the side of his head. "Well. The weather sucks. Who wants dinner?" After a couple minutes to digest the news of supermutants, he'd reached the decision that he could do precisely nothing about it. Not at the moment anyway.

Bedrest had made him antsy, Connor busy since the moment his three days had been up. Well, busy as he was allowed. Dinner didn't seem too precarious with supervision.
Joan took the mug, breathing in the smell of tea. "Thanks, I'd like dinner first at least." They were absolutely unashamed of having a black hole for a stomach. Too many times they'd starved because they hadn't been able to find food.

"Wha' happened to yer head Con? Ya've got a nasty bruise there."
Zack frowned, unsure if Connor was allowed to cook dinner. He did not appear too pale and there was life in his eyes. But then again. Zack's lips pursed and then he smiled up at Connor.

"You should catch Joan up. I'll cook."
He didn't stop the frown in time, but let it drop. Zack was worried about him, trying to take care of him. "Sounds good." Swapping out the expression for a sweeter one, he kissed Zack's head again.

"So." Connor found his teacup and waved for Joan to follow him to the couch. "I fell and hit my head. And had a concussion. Liam's probably gonna start making me wear a helmet." His grin was stupid and his cheer false.
Joan got up with a small groan, shuffling over to the couch and practically collapsing down on it. They leaned their cheek against Connor's shoulder, soaking up the warmth from one of the men they considered family, big brothers really.

"Aww shit, tha' sucks. Well, ya won't be alone, I think 'e wants ta wrap us both up in bubble wrap." They grinned a crooked grin up at Connor. "We've both got shitty luck."

It was true, both of them seemed to get injured a lot, Joan was a patchwork of scars from various injuries. Both recent ones and ones from before they met Connor and Zack. This world wasn't a friendly place.
Zack paused with a few carrots in each hand, gaze drawn to Joan cuddling up with Connor. It warmed his gut to see the once suspicious person trusting Connor. He smiled and dropped the carrots onto the bench top. Next came the pasta that Lucy across the way made in return for mole rat meat. Other vegetables appeared on the bench.

Finally, the crowning moment. Radstag meat. Zack had shot it in one head and then the other. He'd butchered it and then carried the meat back their house to bleed out the back. Normally he would have spread this over a few nights but with Joan here. Zack started cutting up the meat.

Joan ate enough for them both and Zack had half a mind to leave some aside for Liam who would probably be working late. Some of the cats crowded around hopefully.
Connor laughed and leaned his head atop Joan's, free as ever with his affection. "Right? What if he starts actually charging us? We're gonna be so fucking poor." Chuck creaked at him from the floor, butting her head up against his shins.

"Well, come on," he beckoned, patting his lap. "Make up your mind, cat." She decided upon cuddles, jumping up to the couch to wedge herself between them. Two warm humans instead of one -- an upgrade.

"Need any help in there?" He called out, looking at Zack. He looked pretty cute being all domestic. Connor smiled at him and then closed his eyes. The headaches made him tired all the time, sometimes he didn't notice until he'd sat down.
"Nah, with all the useful shit I bring him from when I'm scavenging I've got free medical care fer life, I'm sure it can cover ya too." They grinned, a snort escaping them at the sigh of Chuck. After she'd jumped up between the two humans Joan scratched Chuck's head with her good arm.

"You're not allowed to move, I'm comfy."
"It's alright sweet," Zack answered and smiled again. Chuck, Joan and Connor made an adorable scene. Chuck looked incredibly regal with his humans at his attention. "Like Joan says. You're not allowed to move."

He set the meat aside and washed the knife. The vegetables were chopped up, the kitchen full of the thudding noise as Zack prepped the food.

"How long until you're better?" Zack asked Joan.