Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Joan DoeLend Me A Hand?
Joan had woken up after the Super mutant fiasco in Liam's surgery, dizzy from blood loss, but at least not in pain. He'd given them the good stuff as he'd had to fish the bullet out of their body. In the end they'd gotten their side stitched up, and their broken arm set and then put in a cast and then resting in a sling. They'd left after Liam had sternly told them not to do anything reckless or do any strenuous activity. Which unfortunately included climbing up to their little loft as there was no staircase.

So here they were, standing outside Connor and Zack's house, looking like they'd gone a round with a super mutant and lost. Which was after all what had happened. Their skin was still a bit pallid from losing so much blood, and their lip had apparently split when they'd fallen face first after getting shot.

Raising their right, unbroken arm, they knocked on the door several times. "Oi, Zack, Connor? Ya home?" They tried to keep from swaying in exhaustion as they waited for an answer.
Zack opened the door and Fancy Lad streaked out. A black blur against crumbling pavement. The way Zack stood suggested that he was used to such quick escapes and entries.

"Joan! You look awful." She really did. Skin with the same uneven colour as the mist. Their lip was a horrible colour against such paleness. He stood back.

"Come in please. Did you want tea?"
Connor nearly collided with his back, a failed attempt at catching Fancy Lad. "Shit, sorry, Joan?" His forehead was bandaged, wrist bruised. The whole bath-for-Fancy-Lad idea went out the window at the sight of her, all beaten up like that.

"Shit," he said a second time. "What happened?"

Chuck was caught when she tried to make her own daring escape, scooped up with on long hand and held to Connor's chest. She didn't struggle, resigned to her fate.
Joan stepped inside, giving the two a slight crooked grin, their concern warming them. "Yeah thanks, tea'd be good."

"Supermutant." They answered Connor, lifting their left arm to show of the cast. "Turns out the ugly fuckers can be found 'ere too. My arm's pretty much fucked, and my side 'ad ta be stitched up. Could I crash 'ere for a bit? My loft's too difficult ta get up to like this."

It involved an old ladder, and some acrobatics to get to their loft, but that's why'd they chosen it. It had given them an extra sense of security.
"Super mutants?" Zack asked sharply as he shut the door. Then locked it just in case.

"Are you sure? Of course you are. Fuck. Um tea." Pale around the neck and hands a little damp, Zack strode to their little kitchen. He had to clear a space, delicately shifting around one of Connor's projects so that he could put the mugs down. He filled these with hit water to warm the mugs before filling the kettle and placing it on the stove too to boil.

"Where were they?"
After so long together, they made similar expressions. His mouth pulled out in a tight line, his stomach dropping.

Echoing Zack's paranoia, he held Chuck a little closer. She grunted protest, escaping under the couch when he let her go. "I'm uh, gonna go catch Fancy Lad, I'll be right back."

Connor slipped out the door and into the yard, his voice carried back into the house, a musical here kitty, kitty, kitty.
They let Connor slip past them, instead following Zack into the kitchen and collapsing into a chair. A relieved sigh escaped them at getting to sit down and relax, their limbs felt too heavy.

"Yeah, I'm pretty fuckin sure as the ugly bastards nearly killed me." It came out a bit harsher than necessary, then they gave a frustrated huff and then a deep breath to calm down a bit. "West side o' the island, near the Atom's cult's submarine pen."

"There was an old shack, cornered us there."
"I'm sorry," Zack looked over at their friend. Two of the kittens, the brothers Liam was adopting, announced their presence. They mewled loudly as they galloped towards the new visitor and stopped abruptly, sniffing her shoes with their tails upright and quivering. They looked like fuzzballs to Zack. He smiled for them and took the kettle off as it began whining. He dumped in the tea leaves and set it aside to steep, the air now full of the tea's bitter smell.

"What were your injuries? How are the others?" Zack had only heard that she was helping the ghouls. Well, for payment he assumed. But still, she was helping in her own way.
Connor somehow made it through the door with not one but two cats: Fancy Lad and a tortoiseshell they called Biscuit. She was still a skinny little juvenile, too small to leave outside with supermutants. As if she couldn't be caught by anglers, or mirelurks, or feral ghouls. He allowed himself the irrational impulse, and Biscuit was the only youngish cat he managed to find and catch.

Inside again, he locked the door, the cats scattering as soon as he set them down. Chuck greeted him, as was her custom.

"OK. Joan, do you need me to get Liam or anything? I kinda suck at first aid." In how he was slightly distraught, he looked Zacklike.
They moved to bend down to pet the kitties, then grimaced and aborted the motion as it pulled their stitches and leaned back in their chair again. "Broken an' mangled arm, an' a bullet wound to the gut." Joan grimaced, pressing their injured arm closer to their body. "Bu' Liam said tha' if my arm heals alright I should get most of the dexterity back."

They tried to sound unaffected, but missed the mark. It was clear the injury was worrying them.

When Connor entered they turned their head to look at him, and gave him a small smile. "Nah thanks, already been there. 'E fussed over me like a mother hen."