Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: PhiExcess
His frown did not dissipate.

"I am a guard. So is she. She is a capable marksman and not helpless."
Ma tilted her head, frowning speculatively. "You synths think a bit different than we do. Let's let it go, none of my business anyway. Excuse me one minute."

She tipped him a quick smile then moved down the bar. Another ghoul waited patiently to be served, holding a faded blue cap between his ruined hands. He was having a stout. They smiled and chatted like the ordinary people they'd been.

Good weather we're having. Saw that big mirelurk skulking around by the fence? A wonder it didn't try getting inside. She poured his beer and returned to Phi and his delivery.
Phi's frown remained.

He had a vision of someone attempting to put a tape into a terminal. The terminal flashed an angry green and spat out the words, <CRITICAL ERROR: FORMAT NOT DETECTED.> The words had flashed at the user, their face washed over with green and not green and then green again. Phi could not remember who held that face.

When Ma returned to him and his bag, Phi looked at her. Really looked at her. He saw an old woman who had rotten away and still clung onto life. She was possessed of that life force that haunted Phi.

"I think differently to you. Eliza is more like you and she is a synth. My nature as a synthetic poses questions as to the nature of my existence, but who I am is not common amongst synths. I am unique, as you are unique amongst ghouls."
Ma could watch him a long time, his small expressions and the stiff way he moved. Hell, he was a handsome devil, really. Brooding and intent. She laughed at herself for thinking it, how young thinking it made her feel.

"I'm sorry if I've offended you Phi - didn't mean to. Eliza is a bit more like us. To be honest, without her bad memory or me knowing she's a synth, I'd think she was a human girl. And you're right, some of the others are more like her. Some are more like you. That one you're friends with, he's more like you."

The little guy with the dark hair. He looked twenty two going on twelve, but for all she knew, he was just made three years ago.
"I do not know if I am offended." The topic of Sigma made him relax, shoulders settling and expression softening. "Eliza is very good at being a human. She does not credit herself enough for what she can do, I think." Head tilted, bird like, and dark eyes blinking as if it assisted the thought that came to him.

"She does not remember what she is good at. She needs to be reminded." He refocused back on Ma and touched the edge of the counter with two index fingers.

"Sigma is very good at being a synth. Not a human. If what he is like is what synths should be like." Another head tilt. "What is normal for a synth?"
She considered the question, leaning back against the bar. "Well, I don't suppose I really know. You all look like people, so my guess is you're supposed to act like them. But, maybe not. I get the impression the Institute just throws shit at the wall to see what sticks."

Ma shrugged, her smaller expressions rotted away with the meat on her face. Most everything looked a grimace.

"Maybe there's no such thing as a normal synth."
"I have no memory of the Institute," but he could not imagine the Institute throwing shit at walls. White walls that seemed to glow with an internal light. The white was broken up by something green. The kind of green he had never seen after his memory became intact.

"What is a normal ghoul?" Extrapolation was sometimes the key to understanding.
Her mouth quirked sideways. "Decrepit. There are lots of ferals - maybe they're the norm and we're the freaks. We'd probably say we're like we always were, but who knows. That was a long, long time ago."

And she laughed, rasping.
"Ha ha." Phi answered. "Who were you before the Great War?"
She made the ghost of an old expression, one that had been plump and amused. There wasn't enough meat left on her for it, nowadays.

"Well, I lived here on the island. Owned a bar, had my kids around. A little like this, I guess."