Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: PhiExcess
It was not often that Phi came down to The Water Hole. It was cobbled together by ghouls and stank of their rotting flesh. It smelt too, of the food that was cooked here. Smells that made Phi's stomach turn over. Too strong and complex, his mind struggled to piece together the details. 

He stepped inside the Hole. From his shoulder hung a duffel bag. The bag was full of supplies for the ghouls. Things that the synths did not need or already had in excess. 

Phi did not spare the interior of the Water Hole much of a glance. He navigated around the islands of chairs and tables.

"Ma." Phi lifted the bag and placed it on the bench. "This is for the ghouls."
Phi had some timing, Ma set at the task of inventory behind the bar. She half-turned and smiled. "Well, hello there, Phi." She put her notes aside and slipped out to meet him.

"So what'd you bring me?" As she asked, she tugged open the bag. "Grab a seat, can I get you anything?"
"You can," Phi frowned slightly and put his hand on the seat, unsure why she wanted him to grab the seat and why she wasn't sure as to her capabilities to get something for him.

"I brought you nothing. I brought the ghouls bio-fuel, scrap and tools."
She stopped to look at him - speculative - then chuckled. Good old Phi, literal as the day was long. "Sit down Phi, and I'll get you a drink. What would you like?"

They weren't all as strange as him, the synths. Not all as reliable, either.
Phi was an obedient man. He sat down and put his hands on the counter's surface. He had the still stance he adopted when the expectation was to relax but Phi did not know how to. So he was stiff and staring.

"I would not like a drink. Are the items I brought to your satisfaction?"
"Suit yourself," she said amiably, bringing the haul around to her side of the bar to sort. "This stuff you brought will be very helpful, thank you. So I heard Eliza is going to be a guard with you?"

Phi didn't want a drink, so she got to the sorting, glancing up his way.
"Thank you," Phi stared ahead as Ma inspected the haul. He blinked rarely.

"Yes. Eliza will be a guard with me if she remembers to guard with me. I will remind her."
"She seems to have more trouble with that than the rest of you." Ma watched him curiously. He looked like a man but moved like a lizard. Some of the others were more expressive. Like Eliza. Bad memory and all, she could have been a regular human girl.

"You'll try to keep her safe?"
Phi's frowns were delicate and deliberate things. He moved those muscles just so to form the thinnest of valleys.

"I will not harm her." His expression smoothed over to leave steel. "I can not watch over her at all times and so I can not promise to keep her safe. I expect that the onus is on everyone else to refrain from her harming her."
"Ah." She paused to raise an index finger, prim and schoolmarmish. "I didn't mention promises, only to try. The sort of world we live in, I know you can't promise that."

Sweet as Eliza was. Ma thought she might work well at the Water Hole, with a journal to remind her.

"I worry about her, is all."