Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: Ally SpectorBurns
Ally laughed and shrugged.

"It's character building to lose. All the time. To you." She wanted to shove him in play but that meant upsetting their bottles of Zim! all over her bed. She passed the cards to Jack to shuffle and then opened up her brand new notebook. The spine cracked pleasingly and the pages were enticingly blank and full of potential. She could feel the energy of all that potential fizzing about in her hands and she ached to pick up her guitar and piece together a rough song.

The guitar strings hurt her fingers. But she could write words.

Ally smiled at the notebook and then set it carefully aside so that she could drink Zim! without endangering the notebook.

"Really Jack. Thanks. This is sweet of you."
"Glad you think so." He grinned at her, a twinkle in his eyes, then his grin softened and he gave a small shrug. "You're like a sister to me, I'm sure you'd do the same if I was confined to bed rest."

Setting down his bottle of Zim! on the floor by his feet he then shuffled the cards, it didn't take long, and then he passed out the appropriate amount to both of them, and laying the rest down on her duvet. Looking at his hand he kept his face neutral, then folded them down and leaned down to retrieve his Zim!

"Will you do the honor of going first?"
"Oh sure, are we?" Ally twinkled back at Jack. "Think I'll help you in your time of need do we?" She looked at her cards and a thin line appeared on her forehead as she considered them.

"You're right though. I'd think of something nice. Got any sevens?"
He smiled at her, giving a small snort of amusement. "I'm glad."

"Go fish!" He announced cheerfully, then looked down at his cards thoughtfully, eyed Ally then said: "Do you have any fours?"
Ally frowned and reached down for a card. It was a seven. She paired it with her other seven and put it down face up.

"Bugger," Ally gave Jack her four.

"Six?"
He smiled victoriously when he took the four, but it shifted into a grimace as he had to hand her his six. "Did Liam say how long you have to remain on bedrest?" He asked her as he looked at his cards, then:

"Tens?"
"Not really," Ally answered. "Soon I guess. Just gotta get strong and I was always strong," she winked at Jack.

"Fish! Got any Aces? We should write a song about anglers."
"The strongest." He agreed with a grin, then wrinkled his nose as he had to draw a card. He carefully placed it in his hand, then shook his head a mischievous smile on his face. "Nope, go fish! Any sevens?"

"And yeah, we should. That'd be a cool song."
Strength in her wasn't actually a lie.

A lumberjack's daughter, Ally was shaped by the rigors of felling trees and carving wood. Her hands were solid like bark. They had been rubbed raw and shiny red until she had developed callouses. Sometimes, it troubled her. She preferred Jack's hands, who were made for music and unhardened by woodcutting.

"Damn," Ally gave Jack her sevens. "It could have ploppy sounds. Like the noise in the ships off the coast? You'd need a metal drum I think. We could put the tape inside. I think I have a spare reel somewhere. Nine?"
He hummed in agreement at that, giving her his nine as he did so. "I think playing the guitar fingerpicking style will fit, lighter notes. It's a shame we don't have a bass player."

"Any queens?"