Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: GabrielThe Super Duper Mart
"Here lies Joan," Gabriel helped Joan to sit up with impersonal hands. His armour still smoked. Gabriel remembered when a bloke had been hit in the head with a wooden plank. Guy had gotten up and killed the super mutant that hit him. That night though, when he went to sleep, he didn't wake again.

"Killed by a shelf. Not as bad as a toilet seat though. Killed an asshole with one of those." He helped Joan shift over until she was leaning against shelves that hadn't fallen over.

"Stay there." Gabriel went away to pilfer the place for a first aid kit. He found one splattered with old blood but bandages and things still inside. Gabriel brought it back to Joan and unwrapped the the goodies.

"Reckon we can make a nice seat in that trolley. Alright," he opened up the swab first and cleaned away the blood from her head. She was gonna have one hell of a bruise. With the area clean, he pressed an adhesive pad on.

"This fucking kit coulda got us a shit load of caps. Why'd ya have to go rolling into a shelf?" He huffed and then started wrapping her head up with a bandage. It really would have earned them a lot of caps. The doctor'd probably spread his cheeks for this stuff. Gabriel giggled to himself for his thoughts and secured the bandage.

"Reckon we're done with the mart, yeah?"
They groaned as they sat up, vision swimming and head pounding. "Toilet seat would definitely be the worst way ta die." Their words slurred somewhat, though Joan didn't seem to be aware of that, then they giggled. "Wha' if a toilet seat from an ol' space station struck someone down, death by toilet seat meteor."

Leaning against the shelf they frowned down at their hands after Gabriel disappeared out of their fuzzy field of vision. Their hands were bloody and scraped, their right wrist hurt.

"Mmm, wasn't me, the shelf chose ta pick tha' fight." They grinned at Gabe as he wrapped their head. "An' yeah, think we're do- oh, shit!"

With that they leaned to the left and promptly threw up.
You learned to looked after your brothers when you were a gunner. Held 'em up when they threw up, stitched their skin back together when their insides were escaping, slit their throats when their eyes were clouded with pain and breath bubbling with blood. Gabriel sat back as Joan threw up. The liquid and half-digested food stunk of acid and clung to the back of Gabriel's throat. He swallowed.

"Didja have to?" Gabriel moaned. "You stay there. I'll get ya something ta sit on." He was quick like before, returning with a large stuffed bear and two pillows. Gabriel held the bear up to Joan's face.

"I reckon the humans before the Great War were mad. Who looks at a fucking yao guai and thinks it's good for a hug?" He put the not so ferocious toy in Joan's lap and then turned to the trolley. He had to work carefully. Make sure all the insides were flattened and breakable things were guarded. Joan was a tiny thing though. She couldn't break anything without a bomb or a knife.

With the trolley prepared, Gabriel added the pillows and crouched down.

"You finished throwing up? Get yer arms around my neck. I'll put ya in the trolley."
They sputtered and spit a few times in an attempt to get the taste of vomit out of their mouth, then grimaced and gave it up as a lost cause. Grinning up at Gabriel they didn't seem to disturbed about puking up their stomach contents.

"Sorry, best ta just get it out. Feel better now." At least less nauseous. "Sides, least I didn't puke on you."

When the bear was placed in their lap they blinked down at it, then cuddled it close. It was remarkably soft. "I like it, 'sides if ya squint and tilt yer head I think yao guai's look really huggable. Kinda like a big, really fuckin' deadly dog." Then they buried their face in the soft faux fur of the toy, it smelled of dust and mold.

Looking up when Gabriel spoke they smiled and without hesitating wrapped their arms around his neck.
The bear was squashed between them as Gabriel picked Joan up. She was a light thing, made of secrets and sass. Gabriel put her onto the trolley. He was careful, looking down at the pillows and aiming her butt onto the good pillow as he released her. The bear fell out from between them. Gabriel put it back in her lap.

"You wanna hug a yao guai?" Gabriel asked and bent down to pick up his mini gun. It had dents that needed to be beaten out. "Spread your legs. I wanna put this there. You can shoot shit. We'll be a fucking tank."
Their butt safely placed on the pillow, Joan grinned up at Gabriel.

"I'm classy, Gabe. Gotta buy me dinner first if ya expect me ta spread my legs for ya." They cackled, but nonetheless spread their legs out so he could fit the minigun between them. They'd never tried shooting with one before, and excitement bubbled in their chest at the thought.
Gabriel giggled girlishly and shoved Joan's shoulder.

"I've got ya a vibrator. Demanding woman." He gripped the trolley bar and swung it around, the movement controlled so Joan didn't throw up again. Shame. It'd be fun to spin her around.

"Alright ya tank," he pushed the trolley. It clicked a beat as they walked out, leaving the smashed up shelves, protectron and dead ghouls behind them.
They snorted loudly, and put their hands on the minigun, adjusting it so it was safely secured between their legs. Squinting they tried to make the world stop being so fuzzy, but it wasn't quite working out.

Ah, a turn, they swallowed and shoved down the nausea. Not focusing on that.

"Best tank ever, we could totally wreck 'avoc like this."
"We will," Gabriel grinned, the picture of a happy man.

Later, he would mince up the ghouls and sell the meat. For now though, he pushed the trolley and Joan back to Far Harbor. Lightning cracked over the water and thunder rumbled.

They were good signs.
It was comfortable, being carted around like this, and a lazy grin curled across their lips. Almost unaware of it they were humming, and old tune they'd heard somewhere, maybe from the radio, maybe from someone else, maybe from their Mom.

They couldn't remember.