Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: GabrielThe Super Duper Mart
Gabriel didn't see Joan fire her gun but he saw the results when he had finished with the ferals. One feral dead by her feet and a 10mm shiny in her hand. Gabriel grinned at her again and put the mini gun on the trolley's handlebar. He gripped the plastic and pushed the trolley after Joan. There wouldn't be that many more ferals. Probably some creature from the Fog would be attracted by the noise from earlier, but they wouldn't need to deal with that yet.

"Cute gun."
"Of course, gotta 'ave a cute gun ta match my cuteness." Joan gave winked at Gabriel, then re-holstered their gun.

They then walked further into the mart, picking up anything that could be sold, crouching down and looking down under shelves that had toppled onto each other, leaving small gaps at the bottom where they could reach what was under if they laid flat on the floor and stretched their arm in.

On one shelf they found a collection of wine bottles, still full. White wine, red wine, champagne and rosé wine. "Bet we can get a nice price fer these."
Gabriel giggled girlishly and pushed the cart after Joan. The trolley jiggled over the debris and hundreds of years worth of dust. The stuck wheel got unstuck and went rogue, spinning around from no discernible force.

The trolley grew heavier, weighed down with scav and gun. Gabriel entertained a daydream of storming a place with Joan and the trolley. They could mount the gun properly on the trolley and he could push it along and hit anyone who came close. Joan would sit in the trolley and shoot.

Gabriel reckoned that would be fun. Taking out all the goodies after they had mown everyone down would be even more fun. Something inside him shifted. Larry had loved that kind of chaos. His favourite was a trolley full of burning shit. Settlers never knew what to make of a trolley full of shit rolling down their road.

"I reckon," Gabriel agreed. He let go of the trolley and grabbed two bottles by the neck. "They're handy too. Bottom's are thick." Gabriel put them in the trolley and then grabbed as many as he could at once. The bottles clinked in his hands.
"Yeeep." They drew out the word as they loaded bottles into the trolley, then they paused a particular bottle of white wine in their hands. "Bu' not you m'dear, yer goin' home with me." They cooed to it, the smile on their face almost nostalgic.

They recognized this brand. They'd had a few bottles before, it had been a wine their mother had liked.

Stashing it in the duffel bag they then moved on, it was a lot of good scavenge here. A lot to lug back, but it would also mean they'd earn a shit ton of caps.

"Never think I asked ya, bu' what did'ya do back in the common wealth before ya came back 'ere?"
Gabriel hadn't seen what kind of wine Joan had cooed at but he was very curious. Well, now wasn't the time. He shoved the trolley forward to get it moving and then walked after her. They made an odd picture. A bizarre recreation of two people doing the grocery shopping.

"I shot shit," Gabriel answered freely and had to lift first the front wheels and then the back ones over a fallen mop.

"For the gunners near Bunker Hill. Fucking super mutants got us though. Still, I got a sweet scar from it. You always scav?"
"Fuckin' super mutants." Joan said, nose wrinkling in distaste. "Always ruinin' shit."

Then they nodded, glancing back over their shoulder at Gabriel. "Yeah, found some pretty good stuff over the years. Though I've done some jobs too, stealin' shit for a price and all tha'."
"Not me." Nothing ruined him. Anything that was thrown at him, anything that tried to hurt him, it all failed. Gabriel was a survivor.

"Good. Scavving's good work." He said it sincerely. Scavvers had to go into the most dangerous places with little gear and come out with stuff that made it worth it. Then they had to sell the stuff afterwards. Lot of labour. Lot of risk. Lot of derision too. Folk didn't realise that it was scavvers that supplied so much of the stuff that the settlements relied on to run.

"Why'd you come to Far Harbor. I forgot how boring this place is."
That made them pause, turning half-way around to look at Gabriel in surprise. Then a genuine smile spread across their face, pleased, and perhaps even a bit flattered. "Yeah, it is."

"Hmm? Oh, mainly cos of Zack an' Connor. I traveled with 'em back in the Commonwealth fer a while, when they decided ta go back 'ere I went with 'em. Figured it was a good place fer a new start."
"How didja get tangled up with those two?" Gabriel sounded incredulous. The only reason he'd gotten tangled with Zack was because they lived in Far Harbor and had missing parents in common. Connor wouldn't be worth his attention if it wasn't for his connection to Zack.

The mystery didn't hold his attention for long.

"Aren't you bored? There's no sizzle in Far Harbor." Not like the Gunners. The bastards had lived large and loud. A big ol' fuck you to the Rads and the monsters and the do gooders who though to kill them.
"'s a long story." They waved their hand as if it was unimportant, more than happy to focus on the second question.

"Sometimes, bu' I go out scavengin' an' while it isn't the same as bein' back in the commonwealth 's still fun." And they weren't alone here, that was the biggest difference. They could cope with no sizzle if it meant being around other people.