Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: ElizaA Dog And a Synth Walks Into a Bar
Walking into the Water Hole, Eliza smiled and waved at the other patrons, Ser Hugs-a-lot trotting faithfully by her side like always. She'd been to the Water Hole a few times before, and she found she liked the atmosphere and the people there. 

Not to mention the sweet drinks. 

Making a bee-line for the bar she smiled at Ma Johnson, cheeks dimpling, as she sat down on a stool. "Good afternoon! Can I have some Zim please, Ma?" By the foot of the stool, Ser Hugs-a-lot curled up in a grumpy ball, keeping an eye on the rest of the room while his mistress relaxed.
Ma turned, holding a bottle of whiskey by its neck. "Course you can, sweetheart. I'll get that right to you." Smiling, she tilted her chin toward the waiting glasses, filling each about halfway. Behind the bar, she moved like a dancer.

The whiskey ghouls held her up chatting, the three of them celebrating a birthday. Birthdays got you a free drink, and she knew most of the dates by heart, now.

"Cold glass, honey?" Her voice carried past Eliza's shoulder and around the back of the bar again.
Eliza didn't seem to mind waiting, simply watching the ghouls and the few synths present. She liked that, people watching, it was calming.

"Oh, yes, please!" She replied with a bright smile, then cast a quick glance down at Ser Hugs-a-lot and added: "Could I get a bowl of water for Ser Hugs-a-lot, please as well?" Ser Hugs-a-lot perked up at the mention of his name, and gave a small 'boff' in agreement.
"Sure thing, hun." A chilled glass came out of a humming fridge, and she poured the Zim! with a flourish, careful not to let the foam slosh over the cup. It was an old beer mug, the design long faded and the edges chipped.

"So what brings you out today?" Eliza was a sweet thing, one of the friendlier synths, even. Her soda went on the bar, but Ma carried the bowl of water around for the dog. He was as ugly as Eliza was cute, and a mean sonofabitch. Ma ignored his protests, setting the water next to him without reaching out for a pet.
"Thank you!" She chirped, and put the required amounts of caps on the bar. Eliza actually remembered how much one cost since the last time she'd bought a glass!

"Oh, I just wanted to relax and chat some. I like talking to you, and I like being here. It's a really nice atmosphere." She gestured her hand, trying to encompass the room. "And I'll be more busy now! I'm joining the guards, Phi said that I'm good enough with a gun!" There was genuine excitement in her voice, and her grin was almost blinding.

It felt good to have something to do.
She laughed, sliding the caps back and tipping them into a dead cash register. It took three stout smacks to close the damn thing, but only one to get it open. Maybe Cope could look at that too, if he had the time.

"Well you're always welcome, sweetness. Phi would know, wouldn't he? So when do you start?" Caps were welcome, too, but who could say no to a face like that? She could have been Ma's oldest, shook up out of the ground and dusted off. The memory might have hurt, once.

The birthday group erupted in laughter, hollering and pounding their fists. Birthday boy was a teetotaler, drunk already and with his mouth hanging open in a rictus grin.
"I'm-" She cut herself short, furrowing her eyebrows in frustration. "I... I don't remember." All Eliza could remember was talking to Phi, then shooting bottles that he threw up in the air then... blank. She couldn't remember what came after, what they talked about, or walking away afterwards.

The raucous laughing of the birthday group drew her out of her thoughts, and she shook her head firmly, as if to dislodge the awful feelings she got after forgetting things.

"I'll have to talk to Phi again, ask him." She smiled at Ma, it wasn't nearly as radiant as her usual smiles.
Reaching across the bar, she patted Eliza's hand. "Don't you worry, honey. Phi will remember." Motherly, gentle in tone and expression.

"You know, I was thinking about you the other day. Next time a trader comes in, see if you can't get yourself something to write on. You know I've got a whole big box of pencils sitting around at home. I don't use them all that often, I could give you a few. Anyway, if something important happens, you just jot it down while you remember."

Ma smiled, a regretful little tilt to it.
"Really? Thank you! I'l definitely buy one next time I have the chance." She smiled at Ma, wide and brilliant, before taking a drink of her Zim!, it was cold and delicious.

"You and Phi are really smart, he suggested I get a journal too."
She chuckled. "Great minds think alike. The pencils are on the house, just come find me when you want them. So what else is new with you. Has Ser Hugs-A-Lot been keeping out of trouble?"

Never still for long, she turned to put away a bucketful of clean, dry glasses. The way her head tipped toward Eliza suggested the synth still had her attention.