Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: PhiThe Motherboard
Phi's smile at Josie was honest. He and Josie were kin. Manufactured for a purpose and thus designed to that end. Humans were breathlessly free of that. There was no question as to what made them, them. They simply were. His musings were interrupted. Phi spun to stare at Copernicus.

"Yes." He wanted to understand what it was that made them.
"Good answer. Let's see what RobCo was up to with this little lad." Copernicus took the small motherboard and carried it over to his workbench. The bench was covered in tools, coils or wire, and plenty of empty Nuka Cola bottles. Sitting among the debris was a refurbished terminal that Copernicus used to help him program robots, it was an NX-12 terminal, very old but Copernicus had repaired and even upgraded some of its features. He took a screw driver and popped off the side of the terminal and removed its motherboard, replacing it with the one that Phi had brought him. The motherboard slid in nicely and Copernicus replaced the cover.

"RobCo made some very nice A.I. programs. I worked on a few before the war." He pressed the on button and waited patiently. The terminal's green screen started up normally, flashing brightly as the new motherboard started up. "Ah, there we go. Looks like it wasn't damag..." Copernicus stopped talked in mid-sentence as the normal green screen was replaced by a pixelated smiley face. The lips moved as if it was talking. "Hang on..."

Copernicus knelt down and looked through a box until he found the right component. A pair of speakers and a microphone that looked like a silver egg on a wire. He quickly hooked both peripherals into the terminal.
RobCo. The manufacturers of robots. Perhaps one day, he could travel to one of their factories and read their terminals. For now, Phi kept the idea to himself. There was peace to be found in Acadia. There could be even more peace to be found here, one day.

Phi followed Copernicus to his workbench and inspected the tools without touching any of it. They made his skin crawl. These, or something like these, had created him. They had twisted and tweaked the synthetic parts of him to be just so, until he had become just perfect for the role that was to be his destiny. They could dig into him now and reach past the flesh and the blood to find the metal within. They could alter him. Phi flinched when the terminal was opened and a motherboard was removed from it. He picked up the old motherboard. Sorry, he thought at it.

Copernicus had once worked for Robco.

Phi watched Copernicus' profile but his attention was diverted when the terminal lit up. He watched the terminal create a face and speak but say nothing. It needed ears and a mouth. Copernicus provided both.

"Welcome to YumYum Tours! We pride ourselves in preparing long lasting tasty and nutritious food!" The perky voice filled the room. "To my left you will see our hard working chefs preparing Deviled Eggs! NO INPUT is today's head chef. Be sure to give NO INPUT a wave!" Phi held the old motherboard delicately in one hand and picked up the microphone. Her ears.

"How are you?" He asked.

"NO INPUT has worked at YumYum for NO INPUT. First he will boil the eggs. They sound so happy in their bubbling world of fun don't they?"

"She's not alive." Phi put the microphone down.
"Typical RobCo. They enjoyed using their tech for the dumbest things ever. I mean, seriously... Deviled Eggs. They are like eyeballs of a super mutant." Copernicus was as let down as Phi, he was hoping the motherboard would provide some great insight. It turned out that the motherboard was probably part of some sort of local food shop or restaurant, an amusing little program to entertain children. The motherboard, however, was still powerful.

"I am sorry Phi, I was hoping something juicy and interesting was on that motherboard. Before the war, I saw some rather wonderful A.I. programs, even used one for Josie... wait a moment." An idea struck Copernicus. He had salvaged Josie's motherboard from an old terminal, just like the motherboard that Phi had brought him. Then Copernicus reprogrammed it and added a little flare from what he remembered at RobCo. In theory, he could do the same thing... but the motherboard Phi brought him was more powerful, far more powerful that Josie's.

"I could reprogram the motherboard you brought me, an A.I. program similar to what Josie here has. Could even load the darling into a bot of your choosing."
Perhaps this was merely the beginning of the motherboard's programming. Perhaps there was more after the pre-programmed spiel. But the idea Copernicus presented was more tempting. He looked down at the old motherboard he was still holding. His thumb touched a little raised circle. He did not know what it did.

"I propose a trade," he said softly and looked back at Copernicus.

"You can have that motherboard. In exchange, I will have this older one installed into a robot. I do not mind the type. You will also allow me to watch and ask questions."
Copernicus' eyes narrowed on Phi, the offer was decent enough. He would get a new motherboard to tinker with while also bringing enlightenment into the world for a snyth. Plus the company for the night would be good. "Agreed."

The shack contained a large supply of bots, hidden away in boxes after Josie reminded him that they gave him house an aura of a butcher shop. He had half of an assaultron, 3 full sets of protectrons, the trends of a robobrain (he had found it near that strange hotel in the center of the island), and tons of pieces of Mr. Handys. "Lets see..." he began, rummaging through the pieces. "A Mr. Handy is simple enough, they are unique in that you might never know what voice it will be programmed with. Plus, they are easy traveling companions."

Copernicus took the central orb body of a Mr. Handy and 1 eye stock. "What do you think?"
A Mr Handy would be like another version of Sigma. Designed for maintenance. He liked Sigma and so it stood that he would like a Mr Handy. Phi frowned as he thought it over seriously. But what if like Sigma, it did not enjoy it's designated role? Perhaps it would be able to communicate this and it's consciousness transferred to a more fitting body. He turned the motherboard over and over as if it would contain a clue as to what it would like.

"If it does not enjoy it's body, are you able to transfer it to a more suitable host?" His gaze wandered over the parts that had been left behind. Detached limbs. A reminder of the violence of a robot's world as organics treated them not as beings, but as objects.
"It would take some tinkering," Copernicus shrugged. "But I could do that, the programming between them is easy except for a robobrain or a Sentrybot. Those require alot more work."

Copernicus took a simple brain processor case that could be modified for any version of a Mr. Handy or Protectron. "So... what'll it be?"
"A Mr Handy," Phi put the old motherboard down.

"And thank you."
"No problem," Copernicus said jovially as he picked up the body casing of a Mr. Handy. The piece was a little banged up, but Copernicus had repaired most of its processor and wiring, even managed to get the thing floating on its hovering system.

The mechanics of a Mr. Handy were always more complicated than the normal grease monkey was willing to admit. Copernicus had seen alot of them malfunction before the war, but since then alot could be modified to resolve those issues. "After I get this thing going, you need to pay attention to it. Sometimes the processors and its internal A.I. don't mesh well and the bot will start to attack itself. I can fix that, but it isn't something that can be done before... just have to see if the two take to each other." The ghoul could write a book on how the mechanics of robots were similar to that of human anatomy; if an organ rejected its host the body had ways to get rid of the organ.

A few minutes of soldering and Copernicus was ready to switch the Mr. Handy on. It only had one eye and no other limbs, but it would be able to boot up. "Care to have the honors?"