Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: PhiThe Motherboard
In Phi's hand was a motherboard. It was green with steel circles and long steel tracks. There were holes in it, Phi assumed that screws had once been inside this and thus it had once had something attached to it. Phi did not think that this was inside, but he suspected a variation of this was inside him. It was not the source of who he was, but it was part of what made him work. The source of who he was? Phi still did not know.

He arrived outside of Copernicus' home and knocked lightly. Phi stood stiffly, unsure of how to arrange his limbs and facial muscles. So he looked awkwardly blank with the morning sun hugging his frame and burning away the fog.
Bloop... bleep... bloop.  Josie the Eyebot announced that someone had approached Copernicus' shack.  Copernicus, deep in another broadcast of his radio show looked over and gave the bot a thumbs up.

"Ah, the bell tolls.  Up next is Roy Orbison with In Dreams." He clicked the headset off, starting the music, and headed over to the door way.  The ghoul looked out onto the Acadia morning and saw a strange site.

"Phi, good to see you.  Yes yes, don't show expressions."  Copernicus was friendly to most synths but he took a special liking to Phi, a decommissioned courser that tended to get very philosophical when the moment was right.  "Come in," Copernicus said, standing to the side.
A thin line appeared between his eyebrows.

"Very well," Phi hesitated at the threshold and looked at his cousin, Josie the eyebot. His fingers tightened on the motherboard and then he stepped in.

"Greetings Josie. Copernicus." He carefully placed the motherboard onto a flat surface. "You are well?"
"I am good, though I attempted to wear a pair of sunglasses earlier to enhance my natural magnetism," A bright smile filled Copernicus' mouth, "But no nose. What do we have here?"

Copernicus leaned down to take a closer look at the motherboard that Phi had brought to him. "Its a motherboard from an RX-9000 terminal, rather powerful too. You up for selling it?"
No nose was an issue. Phi studied the ghoul's face. There was a bridge of sorts for the glasses to rest upon.

"Adhesive." He suggested. "Adequate adhesive will prevent slippage."

His fingers convulsed, the tips of them curling to catch the motherboard as if to pull it back to him.

"Is it alive?"
"I tried that, I cannot apply it to damaged skin... the irony is rather profound."

Copernicus knew that Phi was an oddity when it came to technology, but the idea that the motherboard could contain life was odd. "No, it is just copper and a few bits of gold strung along a silicon board to create the pathways." The ghoul grabbed a pair of magnification goggles and took a closer look. "Top of the line actually, you could say that this was sorta like the nerve center for a computer terminal. Much like a human brain stem."

There was a life to all robotic machinations, Copernicus could see that Phi was a machine but of a far greater processing power than anything prior to the Great War. It was a dilemma that many synths faced, their ultimate humanity. "Have a seat, care for a drink?"
Phi frowned. He did not understand the irony but he left the puzzle of how a ghoul could wear sunglasses for another time. His fingers itched as Copernicus examined the motherboard further and when the magnifying glass was pulled away, Phi drew the motherboard closer to himself. As protective as a mother hen.

"If I affix flesh to it, will the motherboard be alive?" He had fixed upon the idea that motherboard was akin to something a human possessed. Perhaps it could be alive.
"You would need more components." The attraction between Phi and the motherboard was definitely strange to Copernicus. He had spent plenty of time around computers and robots, even traded flirtations with Josie, but he never considered them living beings. "This motherboard is like a nerve stem, but you have to have more. All it does is process input and output, you gotta have things to gather both and then power the whole thing."

Copernicus popped the top of a bottle of VIM, he was all out of Nuka Cola, and took a quick swig. The stuff tasted like bad Nuka Cola to him, but in light of the lack of Nuka it would have to suffice. "Take Josie there," the eyebot titled its head towards Copernicus, "She has one of those in her, plus a fusion core to give her power, a vocal processor to give the bleeps and bloops, and an electronic eye to take in her surroundings."

"Could she incorporate flesh, probably. I mean, synths have flesh and I am fairly certain they contain the same bits and bobs of the normal robot."
"Which of those components give life?" Phi picked up the motherboard and caressed it's edges with the same gentle curiosity in which he touched Sigma. The steel and copper was cool under his fingers and threatened to shred him for carelessness.

"The fusion core? The beeps and books? Her eye." Phi looked over at Josie.

"I wish you had a true voice, cousin Josie."
Josie the eyebot looked between Copernicus and Phi then gave a low rumbling sound. "She just blew a kiss at you," Copernicus said with a smile.

"Would you like me to give it life?" An idea occurred to Copernicus, the later motherboards for terminals had been tested by RobCo's A.I. division. They would plug the motherboard in and then give it set parameters, then the terminal would talk back every time you type something in. The ghoul figured he could even put together some sort of language program to run with it, probably from an old Mr. Handy.