Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: CopernicusA Nuka Break
"Absolutely," Copernicus slapped his belly with a stifled laugh. "Mirelurk is better than mystery meat night."

"I can, but tell me," he leaned in close. "Do you want me to program it with a personality, I once fixed a toaster to talk to a protectron. It didn't work out so well though, the toaster had delusions of grandeur." The toaster had been programmed to make toast, only toast, it was feed up with such basic programming that he began to decide on how best to take over the world.
She flagged down another ghoul, sending him off to the kitchen in the back for a bowl of chowder. "The toaster?" Crooked, she grinned. "Let me guess, it rebelled and just started burning all your toast? You're a doll, though. How's Thursday at about noon? Fridge is just in the back there and lunch'll be on me."

And she laughed, imagining it. The toaster!

"I may have to pass on the personality.What if it decides to fall over on me?"
"No, it saw the toast as its minions. Ate a can opener though... now that I think of it that can opener had it coming."

Copernicus made a mental note to put the track listing on auto pilot on Thursday while he worked on Ma's appliance. It would be an easy job and he could use the meal. "Sounds good. One fixed fridge with no personality."
"You're a good egg, Cope. What'd you ever end up doing with that toaster, anyway? Don't tell me it's still hanging out in your radio station." Plotting its revenge, probably.

Ma turned to pour waters for a couple stopping off at the bar. Purified water - she ran a quality joint. One of the waitresses shimmied sideways past her, carrying a tub of dishes to be washed. It was a slow enough shift, folk still at work.
"Just want Josie would want, a toast to talk to. They would probably plot my downfall. I gave it to some dude from out west, made 20 caps off it." Copernicus usually fixed up all sorts of things for the people of Acadia, but he had been doing that since the bombs fell.

"So Ma, have you heard about the little shindig I am planning with Blu?"
"No? Tell me about it." Finding herself in a lull, she collected her drink up from its hiding place, snuck a not very sneaky sip, and tucked it back away. Blu and Copernicus: now there were two ghouls she wouldn't have pegged for friends.

But hey, Ma didn't actually know everything. Just acted like it.

A little afternoon shower started up outside, drumming its fingers on the flimsy tin roof. The farmers would probably work through it, showing up like drowned rats later.

Someone came from the back with his mirelurk chowder. It was sweetly fragrant, dotted with diced veggies and steaming. The cornbread was a crumbly, but fresh-made.
"We are looking at setting up a settlement nearby." Copernicus was not interested in trying to force anyone into joining the settlement scheme; if he did that he would be no better than the dregs that forced him out of Diamond City. He wanted ghouls to come willingly and desiring to help.

"Been keeping it low key for now," Copernicus said assuredly. "Don't want intrepid people to come knockin' just yet." Copernicus had been working on several recordings to play at the news station when they opting to announce the scheme, but he had been cutting and editing the living sin out of the thing. It had to be right or there was no point.

The mirelurk chowder came and Copernicus' mouth started to water intensely. He took a freshly cleaned utensil and began to dig into the delightful smelling dish. "Ma, you always know the way to a ghoul's heart," he chuckled, savoring the nice taste of the dish.
"Thanks, hon. I know the world's changed, but good food's good food." Intrigue lit her face, Ma touching her chin. "That'll be a tough trip. All the Trappers and wolves and god knows what else out there. Now if I know you, you'll have a pretty good plan, but maybe we should talk about what happens if you don't make it back." The longer she spoke, the further her expression fell.

She sighed, pushing her cup a few inches along its hidden shelf. "I want you to come back, of course, but we may need to know what to do with your bots. Not the whole settlement, just you and me. I'll keep this quiet if you like, keep the excitement down if you know what I mean."

The roof leaked steadily into a nearby bucket, its little drip-drop almost lost against the rain.
"Josie has been programmed to keep the station going, just without my charming commentary." Copernicus' smile hid his realization that it was possible he might not survive the founding of the settlement. There were failsafes, the ghoul had been working on them just as a back up but never considered when he would need them.

"I was gonna set up something with DiMA about the bots, but the gear you can sell including my nuka cola stash."
She smiled a dry twist of a smile. "That's good of you, Cope. If it happens, I'll see that the money goes out amongst the whole settlement. Let's hope it's not necessary."

A quick employee swapped a bucket under the leaky roof. Another cleared bottles and glasses off the tables.

"Want another Zim! Hon?"