Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: CopernicusA Nuka Break
Copernicus needed to get out, DiMA had said as much when he visited the radio shack once.  The ghoul would admit that he preferred the confines of his little domicile, it was safe and comfortable with a lively radio playing but it did lack companionship.  The robots Copernicus built lacked personality, he had been working on that trying to suss out the diagnostic output controls within their main CPU, but he didn't have enough computing power.  Instead he decided to go to the Water Hole.

There wasn't much to say about the Water Hole except it was run by Ghouls and the Far Harbor people tended to stay away; which meant it was ground zero for the ghouls of Acadia.  Copernicus sat down at the bar wearing his tattered old Nuka world jacket and flagged the bartender down.  "Got any Quantum," he asked politely in his raspy voice.
Ma had a working fridge back behind the bar - even ghouls deserved a cold beer. "One of these days, I'm gonna make a Zim convert of you." Which was to say she had a Quantum kicking around, a glowing marvel of a lost age that hissed when she uncapped it.

She kept the bottle cap. "How's life treating you these days, sugar? Wanna glass?" Ma had a clean apron and carefully-pinned hair. Leaning against her side of the bar, she smiled.
"No thanks Ma," Copernicus smiled brightly at the older ghoul. "Vim! is good, but it always makes me want to have seafood. Besides, Nuka Cola is good for pickling." A strong laugh popped up in Copernicus' mouth before he took a quick sip of Quantum. The drink was amazing, the glow was cool to the touch but left a warm feeling in your stomach that lasted for a while. Plus, if you had enough your urine would glow too.

"Eh, I am good. Radio is playing well, scrap is coming in nicely, and the locals are keeping to themselves. What about you?"
She had a particular shrug to go along with a particular, raspy chuckle. "Same old thing, you know how it is. We had some synths in here the other day, which was the funniest damn thing I've seen in years. Those poor bastards can't hold their liquor."

It was quiet, Ma left free to her chat with Copernicus without any other demands of her attention. She poured herself a Zim! and leaned against the back shelf, turning the cup (not chilled - those were for the customers) in her hands.

"Haven't had any Harbormen up here in a minute. Say, do you take requests, sugar?"
"I will bet. We should get them liquored up and introduce them to Josie." The thought of a group of synths getting drunk and then attempting to figure out what Josie the eyebot was would certainly be a nice cap to the night. "Best not though," Copernicus said with a shrug. "She might decide to deactivate them if they attempt an interface."

Ma was one of the older ghouls in Acadia, a trusted elder who Copernicus looked up to as a sort of big sister. "Long walk on a beach that wasn't covered in creatures that want to kill you. That would be lovely."
She sometimes got a wistful sort of twinkle in her eye. She would - not often - pick out an old, old memory, dust it off a bit, and turn it toward the light.

"You're telling me," she rasped, smiling. "Remember how pretty Sand Beach was? I used to take my kids down there when they were little, on the off season? They thought that beach was the next best thing since sliced bread." Ma sighed, and the spell broke. She shrugged and had a sip of soda, feeling the little bubbles bust against her lip.

"Anyway. I get what you mean. Tell me about Josie - new project?"
"Those were the days," Copernicus said trying hard to conjure a memory that involved the sand. He never had much time for entertainment, RobCo had kept him busy but he did remember the Far Harbor beaches on his mandatory vacation. "But I don't miss the sand in weird places."

"Work-in-progress. An eyebot programmed with a female A.I." Copernicus took another taste of the Quantum, he could feel the growing warmth in his belly. "She guards the shack when I am gone and scares off the occasional radroach. Its funny, she tells me when to get up in the morning and chides me if I stay out too late."

"You had kids?" Copernicus said, a soft smile on his lips. "Why you don't look a day over 200."
"Flatterer," she laughed, shaking her head. Ma had a laugh like a rusted hinge, but she still wore her hair in tidy rolls, pinned close to her head. She'd been lucky, in the hair department.

"Sounds like she's your old lady. She take good care of you? Your Josie."

A couple others wandered in, cramming themselves into a booth salvaged from her old diner. Candy-apple red, once. The vinyl still had a little sparkle in it, but only if you scrubbed hard to find it. One of the servers went their way before she had to, and so Ma relaxed back once more.
"Josie is a lovely lady, very kind and considerate. I use her as a workbench sometimes, though I have a sense that she doesn't like the rough stuff." Another guzzle of Quantum and Copernicus could feel the rads tick up a notch.

Copernicus looked over at the new comers in the bar, one was a snyth the other a ghoul but they seemed peaceable enough. "Business seems to be doing better. Tell me Ma, what's on the menu?"
She laughed, evidently charmed by the story of Josie the robot. "We got mirelurk chowder today. It's got corn, carrots, potatoes. Cornbread biscuits on the side. You want some?"

Ma charged less for food than she did drinks. Sure, she and her staff cooked it up, but most of the ingredients came from the farm and those people had already worked for that food. Mirelurk was a little pricier - bought from the traders up from Far Harbor.

Shifting, she adjusted the knot on her apron. "Josie sounds like an alright gal. You know, Cope, I've got a fridge that could use a little TLC. Think I could get you to take a look at it sometime? It's the biggest one we got, I'm not ready to scrap it just yet."