Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: BluGardening
His path concluded at Phi's shoulder, Sigma's cheek hitched up against the fabric. "Maybe so. What kinda... robot are you going to build?" He spoke slowly, grasping at a precarious pile of thoughts. Like pebbles, they trembled and cascaded away.

"DiMA's room was clean today. Faraday's been keeping it... keeping it, locked. The room is so nice when it's clean."
"A Mr Handy," he murmured and fit his arm around Sigma to prevent him from slipping away and down the roof. "I like you.It is therefore probable that I will enjoy the company of a Mr Handy. If it is displeased with it's body, I will place it within a more suitable host." There was a smile in his voice after Sigma admitted to liking when DiMA's room was clean. He was a soft being when he was high. Possessed of a gentleness that he rarely exhibited.

"I am pleased that DiMA's room is clean. I think you are happier when you are allowed to be."
Sigma leaned against Phi, his mind working slowly along the path between himself and a Mr. Handy. The robots that cleaned, did chores. "DiMA should have a clean room. He deserves it." Phi had given him a number of things to chew through. A robot, if the robot was happy, if Sigma was happy.

"Do you think it will sound like they do? With their strange accent."
"I do not know," Phi continued to speak in a soft murmur as if with softness alone, he could create a little world for them. A soft world where things were clear and gentle.

"DiMA does deserve to be clean. He is a synth. We deserve more than has been afforded to us."
Sigma looked out over Acadia. He let his eyes unfocus, the settlement bleeding at its edges, all shape and color. "We do, but DiMA especially. He made this for us. And he's so -" Sigma broke off, imagining the end of the statement without actually speaking it aloud.

DiMA was a distillation. Not less sophisticated, but more streamlined. Sigma envied him, really.
Phi stroked Sigma's hand. It was a fine hand with fingers that could scour rust from steel and buff it to shine. There were three prominent wrinkles on each knuckle and his nails were smooth.

"You care very much for DiMA." Phi remarked softly and felt an odd emotion. It was an emotion that was hot with hurt but he did not understand what had hurt him.
Sigma looked up at him, finding his head haloed in murky sunset. It almost hurt his eyes, Phi brilliant with it. He stared and his eyes watered. "I do. He made a home for us." Their new life without the fear secrecy brought along for company.

"I wish I was more like him."
"I do not." Phi looked away from Sigma as he looked at him. He looked over at the hazy green trees with their needles and leaves. Further away, he could see the sea that surged violently at the land, as if it was offended by it's presence.

"Then you would not be my friend Sigma."
A little dent folded together between his eyebrows. "I'd still be your friend, if I was made of metal. But I'm glad that we're the same, too. I want to be different but I like being like you, too." He looked out over the trees, too, trying to see whatever it was that took DiMA's attention.

"It's difficult to explain."
"You misunderstand," Phi followed Sigma's gaze to the trees. Sometimes, they looked blue too.

"You will still be my friend. But you will be a different friend. You would not be my friend Sigma. You would be my friend Someone Else. Have you properly researched the possibility of your consciousness being transferred to a second generation synthetic?"