Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: BluGardening
He smiled again, wondering if Phi could tell he had chems. "Yes. Let's go."

Sigma knew from experience how treacherous the roof could be. It was damp on a good day, slippery with grime and moss. Parts of it had grown rusty and weak, Sigma testing each step with the toe of his shoe.

"It's sturdy over here." He waved for Phi to meet him, guessing the other synth would follow his path across. Sigma's hands were dirty. Scowling, he wiped them off on his pants, knowing he wouldn't care soon enough but bothered anyway.

The sun was slouching toward the horizon west of them, unimpressive through the haze hovering above the island. He was watching Phi anyway, concerned with seeing him travel safely across the treacherous roof.
Phi trusted Sigma and so he strode with confidence, placing his own feet squarely where Sigma had placed his until they were standing side by side. Phi had left his book behind, not caring what happened with it now that he knew it contained no answers.

"How are you?" Phi looked at Sigma. "I asked a motherboard that question. She did not answer because her programming did not allow it. My motherboard is not alive."
He looked up at Phi, and the sunset did put a little color in his face after all. "I'm alright.Blu brought me Daytrippers. Five of them - would you like one?" How innocent an offer for someone with a tin of chems in his pocket.

Sigma sat and then gestured for Phi to follow him down, arranging himself on the sloping roof. The sky was clear today, maybe they'd be able to see some stars.
Phi sat down with Sigma. He sat stiffly though this was simply because he did not know how to relax.

"No. You are careless when you have one. I will look after you." His expression did naturally relax when he smiled. Phi's eyes warmed when he smiled at Sigma.

"Have a Daytripper."
Sigma smiled back. He hadn't brought any water and tilted his head back a sharp angle to drop the pill down his throat. He still gagged, bunching forward with tears collected at the corners of his eyes.

"Thank you," he grated out, rubbing his throat. "For sitting with me. You said you found a motherboard?" The chems needed a little time to kick in, but the choking and the waiting would be worth it.
Phi frowned. It was a violent action, the forced swallowing of a pill and the sight of Sigma's discomfort. He did not like it but tolerated it as afterwards, Sigma would be happy.

"I found a motherboard," he confirmed. "She did not have life like we do. Copernicus is going to show me how to make a robot. Perhaps then I will understand what makes us alive."
Sigma didn't have to wait for long. It started as a warmth along the back of his neck, his fingers feeling both heavy and light enough to float away. He looked up at Phi and it was with drooping, unfocused eyes.

"Maybe she just lacked the means to communicate?" Sometimes he sounded less like himself, using words absorbed from listening to Phi or Faraday. Smarter than him, both of them, but Sigma was a good listener.

"If I didn't have a mouth or hands, or if I couldn't move, you'd never know what I was thinking, right? Maybe she's the same." He pulled his head back around, slow like he dragged it through water.
"She had the means to communicate," Phi put his hand behind Sigma's head as if afraid he was about to tip backwards.

"But her programming restricted her communication to predefined paths." The idea of Sigma so neutered made Phi's skin crawl. He stroked the back of his friend's neck, soothing himself more than Sigma.

"I am grateful that you are capable of communication."
"I am, too." Phi's hand was warm on his neck, Sigma leaning into it just to enjoy the sensation. "But I guess if I never knew how to communicate in the first place, I wouldn't notice, right? What did the motherboard come from, a robot?"

Clouds crawled across the sky, his vision hazy at the edges. Swimmy. Sigma was melting slowly into a boneless heap, taking a very lazy trajectory sideways toward Phi.
"I believe you would notice if you were unable to connect to the beings around you," Phi said softly and guided Sigma as he commenced his descent.

"A trader caravan. I spent a lot of caps to buy her. But I will learn how to build a robot and perhaps I will understand us. Was DIMA's cabling sticky today?"