Welcome to Far Harbor
Far Harbor is a 18+ RPG that features loose stats, perks (and the ability to gain more) and a profile application. Don't worry if your knowledge of Fallout isn't extensive! Our docs cover the most important points and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the world.

On Far Harbor, we like to focus on the oddness of a post-apocalyptic future where technology is as diverse as having synthetic life and guns made of wood pailings. Ghouls, super mutants, humans and synths all have a place in The Island. If you're looking for a place to explore a world blasted by radiation

. . . welcome home
Feburary 2277
Super mutants have been discovered on The Island after a disasterous expedition to find somewhere for the ghouls to establish an indepedent settlement. Meanwhile, Far Harbor was attacked by anglers, injuring many and placing additional strain upon the town's only physician.
  September 8 2017
I have installed the new "Pipboy" theme! It introduces the ability to display what items your character commonly carries (change this in the UserCP). If you run into issues, be sure to PM Kit the Human.

We've also switched to profile applications! Pending Users can now edit all of their details. You can find out about the process here.

September 4 2017
We've relaxed out content rules! We're now rated, anything goes.
  August 21 2017
Adventure Time! Share a screenshot or a clip from your Fallout adventures to claim a perception point for a character of choice. Participate here!
  July 31 2017
HTML has been enabled for the development, wanted ads and plotters forums. Instructions are here. In other news....super mutants have been discovered on the Island. It is the first time they have been spotted. Super mutants are now a playable race!

Thread Contributor: BluGardening
When she wasn't working, Blu could be found in the Water Hole. It was a haphazard kind of place. Made from things salvaged from the different buildings this side of the Island and put together with the half-knowledge of the ghouls. There were exposed copper wiring about the place and one joker had grabbed a small light bulb and a potato, trying to power the globe with the potato. It hadn't worked.

She was expecting company. Blu had a small tin of Day Trippers. It had cost her an arm and a leg. She'd traded a heap of her home made stuff for the small tin. There were five day trippers in the tin and it was marked vitamins. Sigma though, he'd paid for it so it was no big. Blu just wanted to hold onto the caps, just in case. And to get her goods out of the Island. Or at least as far as Far Harbor.

And here he was. Blu pulled the Day Trippers from her pocket and put them onto the table and then she leaned back into her chair, waiting expectantly.
"Hello," he greeted blandly, settling himself into a chair. Sigma did this carefully, lifting it so the legs wouldn't scrape, arranging himself neatly. His clothes were gray with old stains, but his face and hands immaculately clean. This synth wouldn't pass for a human very long; beardless and smooth-skinned. He stared at her, unblinking and expressionless.

"How are you today, Blu?"

Sigma couldn't stand the ghoul bar. Noisy and noisome, cobbled together like it might collapse in on itself at any moment. It was a crumbling husk of a place. Appropriate, for ghouls.

But Blu had his chems and Sigma needed chems like he needed very few things. She was a reliable supplier and so he set his distaste aside, sweeping it under that emotionless veneer.
Blu leaned forward in her chair and propped her elbows onto the table, resting her chin on her hands. The muscles on her forehead rearranged themselves as if she was arching an eyebrow. But of course she had none.

"I'm theoretically alive." Blu answered and her gaze flicked to the Day Trippers and back to the synth's bland face. "And yet I'm rotting away. Can you smell it? All that flesh decaying?" Her lipless mouth expanded in a smile.

"And yet you need me to give you these drugs. So you can feel hmm something? Is ironic the right word to use?"
Sigma stared at her, carefully squashing his irritation. She was useful, he reminded himself of this. Still, that they just lived and rotted -- he couldn't understand why. Why bother?

"Don't you like them?" He asked instead, almost peevish.
"What I like doesn't matter." Blu replied archly and pressed her fingers onto the little tin. She started to drag towards her and towards the edge of the table. Away from Sigma.

"I'm interested in you. Why do you need them?"
His expression sharpened up quick, a hand darting up from his lap and onto the table. It smacked audibly against the unfinished wood and he winced, startled. Sigma made a lot of faces, if you watched him long enough.

A frown tugged at the corners of his mouth, and he looked up at her, trying not to see into the cavity that had been her nose. The noses were almost the worst, with ghouls. Just gaping holes in their faces.

"I don't need it," he protested. "I just like it sometimes."
She grinned and exposed gap teeth and sinew that should not be exposed.

"Oh well, in that case." Blu pushed the tin towards Sigma. He wanted what was in the tin so bad, it was almost funny to see the uptight synth made undone by something as organic as pills.

"Why do you like them?"
Approaching petulant (he couldn't quite tuck it under expressionlessness), Sigma considered how much honestly or dignity he was willing to part with for the little tin of chems.

"I just do," he concluded sourly. "They feel good. That's what they're made to do, right?"
"But you're a slab of metal covered in fake flesh." Blu pressed on. Rude but not caring. "How good could it truly make you feel?"
"I'm almost entirely organic," he corrected. Strangely enough, Sigma didn't feel defensive, entirely unashamed of being a synth. "It was designed for humans and we're designed similarly to them - it must work on the right parts of my brain."

Neutral again, calmly discussing his synthetic nature. "They just feel good."